Frequently Asked Questions
For your convenience, we have compiled a list of the questions we hear most frequently. If you cannot find the answers you need here, give us a call; we are happy to help!
If students must miss school, please call the school office on the day of his/her absence.
What if my child needs to leave school early?
A parent or guardian must sign out and pick up students at the front office. Students with a valid driving license who can drive themselves may leave campus with prior written permission from a parent/guardian and approval from the principal.
Does SSIS offer breakfast and lunch?
Yes! Our cafeteria serves breakfast and lunch every school day at no charge to the students. See what is on the menu on our Food Services page.
Do you provide transportation services?
We are pleased to provide our students with safe, reliable transportation to and from school each day. We consider bus riding a privilege and expect all students to adhere to the rules for their own safety as well as the safety of others. For information on bus policies, schedules, and routes, please visit our Transportation page.
What is Infinite Campus, and how do I get a username and password to use it?
Infinite Campus is another way we keep communication between home and school strong. It provides you with almost real time access to your child’s grades, attendance history, and other important information. To receive your log-in information, please contact us.
We expect our students to dress in an appropriate manner at all times. Student dress may not present a health or a safety hazard, violate municipal, county, or state law, or present a potential disruption of the educational process. Generally, we do not allow:
- Spandex, stretch cotton shorts, skirts, or dresses that measure more than three inches above the top of the kneecap when in a kneeling position
- Torn, frayed, see through, or mesh clothing—even if worn over appropriate clothing
- Spaghetti-straps or shirts and dresses with less than three inches of a sleeve
- Clothing that exposes any part of the wearer's midsection, even if covered with or by appropriate clothing
- Clothing with any logo, writing, symbols, or numbers that reflect violence, malicious behavior, offensive language, sexual innuendo, drugs, alcohol, tobacco, or anything otherwise considered disruptive or gang related.Excessively baggy or large coats and sagging pants (i.e. gang-related, trench, or “goth” styles). We define "excessively baggy" as pants being bunched at the waist under a belt, pants with a low-hanging crotch, pants that cover the feet of the wearer or drag on the floor
- Non-prescription dark glasses worn on the face or head, hats, caps, or other headgear unless designated for a specific purpose
- Exposed body tattoos and piercings (we allow up to two earrings per ear)
- Students on school property or at any school activity to wear, possess, use, distribute, display, or sell any clothing, jewelry, bandana, emblem, badge, symbol, sign, or other item perceived as evidence of membership in or affiliation with a gang